Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Eric's Quilt


Well, it is finally done! This is the quilt I have made for our fourth child.

The quilts that I do for my kids are done completely by hand. A sewing machine has not touched this quilt. For me it makes it that much more special. :) I started a bit late on this one. I think that I started it two months ago. I have also been very busy during that time as well. I am glad that I have finally been able to finish it.

I have taken the patterns of two different quilts in the Fons and Porter magazine For the Love of Quilting. I love how it has turned out and I hope you do to!

Full view of the quilt, front and back:




Pictures are of each block from the middle. I included these because each of these blocks are unique.












More detail from the back:


3 comments:

  1. Liz I am absolutely amazed!! That you did all of that by hand, and with three other little ones at home! How do you find the time?
    You quilt turned out beautiful. Your baby boy is pretty amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous that you have this amazing talent! What was one have to do to get one of these amazing handcrafted beauties? Have I meantioned how much I love this quilt? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me while I pick up my jaw...There, wow what a beautiful quilt! I quilt all the time but I do it on my machine. Your handy work is amazing.

    Well done!!

    Visiting from MMB

    ReplyDelete